Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Words from the Heart Part 1

So I absolutely adore India.Arie! Her music really speaks to me. It's like she's taken all of my thoughts and turned them into some of the tightest songs with the most beautiful melodies. I can find an India song for everything that I deal with. I pick a theme song off of each of her albums based upon where I'm at in life in the moment. I've never had an artist that I could identify with on this level. As a result she would have to definitely be considered one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite artist! So I took a couple of my most favoritist (I know that's not a word, but I refuse to explain it any other way) lines from some of her songs and I figured that I would share them with you! Happy Reading!

I choose to be the best that I can be
I choose to be authentic in everything I do
My past don’t dictate who I am
I choose
"I Choose" Testimony

Even the day after tomorrow will one day be yesterday
"This To Shall Pass" Testimony

I want to go to a place where I am nothing and everything
That exist between here and no where
I want to go to a place where
Time has no consequence
And oh yeah
The sky opens to my prayer
Please understand that it’s not that I don’t care
But right now these walls are closing in on me
I love you more than I love life itself
But I need to find a place where I can breathe
I wanna go to a place where I can hold the intangible
And let go of the pain that’s on my mind
I wanna go to place where I’m suspended in ectasy
Somewhere between dark and light
Where wrong becomes right.
***Please note that these aren't all of the lyrics for this song.
"Beautiful" Acoustic Soul

Early in the morning it’s the dawn of a new day
New hopes, new dreams, new ways
I open up my eyes and I open up my mind
I wonder how life will surprise me today
Early in the morning in it’s the dawn of a new day
New hopes, new dreams, new ways,
I open up my heart and
I’m gonna do my part and
Make this a positively beautiful day
"Beautiful Day" Testimony Vol 2 Love and Politics


I know that you don’t know me at all
But if you know yourself
Well then you know me very well
I wonder if you really knew
That I see the God in you
And I wonder if you can see
How much you mean to me
I know you cannot read my mind
But I know you feel the vibe
But I think it’s time to let you know that
I see the God in you
"God In You" Acoustic Soul

There will be more to come soon!

K. Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment