Monday, March 15, 2010

Shower Musings

So, I always have random lines that float through my head at the most inopportune times. This time it actually turned into a full poem.

Shower Musings

Steaming hot water
Mixing with red hot tears
While past mistakes
Conjure up present day fears
The pain of living life
Temporarily makes me immobile
The incessant beat of the water
Trying to move my heart from being comatosed
Trying to resuscitate the vitality
That used to be a natural part of being me
Before I start letting others tell me
How and why I should be
Not recognizing that they only wanted to change me
Because they couldn't understand what they could see
And it's not totally their fault
That they couldn't understand
You see because of old hurts I couldn't fulfill the demands
Of becoming a true friend
Sharing sacred thoughts
Hidden so deep within
This caused a lot of people
Some unnecessary confusion
That's when I determined that
Isolating myself was the necessary solution
To stop me from hurting them with my inability to share
To stop them from hurting me when they chose to no longer be there
But isolation on works for a little while
When doing life alone isn't really your style
But it's safe
Even if it hurts when the tears roll down my face
Now it's what I'm used to
So you tell me what I'm supposed to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment