Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Keeping It 100

So I was reading this book and in it the author made a very simple, yet life changing statement. He said, “You bring glory to God by being you.” See I told you that it was simple. I also told you that it was impactful. I mean think about it, you bring maximum glory to God when you are 100% genuine, not a shell of who he created you to be. We spend some much of our time hiding different aspects of who we really are so that we can fit in no matter where we’re at. In the process we lose a lot of what would bring God glory. You weren’t made to fit in you were born to stand out. So why is that even with knowing this it is still a daily struggle for me to keep it 100? I still live a life full of compromise when it comes to being 100% me Why do I feel the need to change in order to be accepted when I am already accepted by the one that matters most?

I guess that it’s just the way that I’ve been conditioned by society. Nobody really wants to know the real you. They would prefer the watered down version of who you really are. The one that fits into their perfect little box of who you should be. Well today I have decided to break out of the box. I am not perfect now, nor will I ever be on this side of creation, but I can focus on being the perfect Kristin. The one that is super silly, and likes to laugh really loud. The one that sleeps with a teddy bear sometimes, and still loves to color in coloring books. The one that eats peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner and that likes to swing really high on the swings. The Kristin Denise that is sometimes shy even while being very opinionated. That’s who God made me to be. I am most perfect when I am perfectly comfortable in my skin. That is when I bring Him true glory. At the point where I stop hiding and making it seem as if I believe that God made a mistake when he created me this way I am in the perfect position to point people in the direction of the freedom that can only be found in him. My freedom may help them to realize that freedom is really an option for them as well. It’s at this point where they might realize that they no longer have to surrender how they choose to live their life to popular opinion, but they can now become completely surrendered to God’s love. I mean if you have to surrender to something, you might as well surrender to the one thing that will set you free!

No comments:

Post a Comment